So I know last week I brought you a very healthy recipe that I was very excited about. But, given the upsetting loss of my alma matar, Syracuse, this weekend I found the need to drown my sorrows in food, orange food appropriately. I’m not usually big on french fries, but sweet potato fries are my one exception. I love their slight sweetness with a little crunch. I made two different dipping sauces for these, one a little sweet and the other a little spicy.
1. Preheat oven to 425 and grease a baking pan with a little olive oil to keep the fries from sticking.
2. Peel your potatoes and cut them into thin fry shapes.
3. Toss the fries in a large bowl with the olive oil, parsley, salt and pepper. Lay them in an even layer on the baking sheet.
4. Bake at 425 for about 25 minutes until they begin to brown, turning every 10 minutes, enjoy!
Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon chili vinegar
1. Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.
Sriracha Ketchup Dipping Sauce
2 tablespoons ketchup
1/2 teaspoon sriracha
1. Mix the ketchup and sriracha together in a small bowl.