Time for another holiday cookie! These simple little bites are one of my all time favorite treats. I would always get so excited when my mom would make these, but then again what’s not to love about butter, sugar and flour? I’m not usually a fan of eating unbaked cookie dough (weird, I know) but I always take a few spoonfuls of this dough for myself while I’m making these.
These cute delicate little cookies melt in your mouth. The texture that comes from pushing them through a pastry tip gives them a little something special and the literal “cherry on top” adds a touch more sweetness.
This recipe makes a LARGE batch of cookies, you can half it if you want, but I bet you’ll wish you had more once you start eating them!
4 cups flour
1 lb room temperature butter
1 cup 10x sugar
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees
2. Cut maraschino cherries into quarters and drain them on a paper towel
3. Combine butter, sugar and flour in a large bowl and mix well.
4. Using small amounts at a time push the dough through a pastry tip
5. Top each cookie with a cherry 6. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes, enjoy!